Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Can't be any hotter down there

I must say that I was griping a bit about how hot it was gonna be down in Florida. Heck, given that it is 98 degrees in Chicago and just as humid, I am now psyched! If you are going to roast, you might as well have the ocean and a huge pool to cool off in. And besides, it can't be any hotter than Lyd's wedding. Right Lyd? We are gearing up to go and again are really excited. I was able to get a nanny for most of our time down there so I might even get a little rest for once too. How nice. Lyd, I am a little disappointed that I won't see the big kids but totally understand your position. Can't wait to see Spencer though. He is so adorable. Ludie, I miss you dearly and can't wait to see you. We could certainly use a visit from you and Justin one day. I'll tell ya, we are really making progress with the house but our living room layout is just a mind bender. We can't figure out how to make it work. We are constantly moving furniture around and nothing seems to fit. I really need your expertise. We spent the weekend getting the basement done. It is great. Lena has a complete office down there. The kids have a play area centered around the train table and then we put in a home theater based around a wrap around couch we bought. It is quite cozy down there. We love it. Of course, another way to look at it is that I am just baiting the trap in the dungeon in hopes of luring the boys down there. Anything to get them to quit trashing the upper floors.Lizzie, great to see you the other day. I am glad Drew can make it. BTW, your BLOG rocks. I am serious. It is amazing. Great writing. Great pictures. It is just really well done. You got skills. BTW, I went to Heaven on Seven yesterday and bought the cookbook as I was leaving. Oh, it's a good one. I was looking it over on the way home. Yummmmmmmmmy! Cajun food for those of you who haven't heard of it. Momma, I love you and will see you soon. XOXO everyone.

No comments: