Monday, September 10, 2007

Adventure Weekend

First off, Magoo you are on a roll! Glad you are finally having FUN with all this. I have always said that I would get married one day just so I could register. Very happy to hear that Mom is set with Oscars. I think she really needs to splurge and get a Caroline Herrera gown. http://www.carolinaherrera.com/home.htm She is the best designer for women mom's age. We should go to SF over xmas and go shopping with her.

Well, ever since I left San Francisco and realized that is was still a year until our move, I have been pretty antsy at home. I'm just not a patient person and I am desperate for some change in my life. So, when I woke up on Saturday morning, I declared that day adventure day. Drew and I took buses and trains all over the city to neighborhoods we have never been to before. We went to a cute part of town called Lincoln Square which has a very heavy German influence and then we went to Logan square which was ghetto and prominently Puerto Rican. On Sunday, we walked a couple miles up to the Gold Coast which is the ritzy party of Chicago and had a nice lunch and went shopping for Drew's birthday. I bought him the Ray Ban aviators he has wanted for a long time and he looks so hot in them so I was happy to buy them. After that, we went over to Armatige and Halsted which is another nice part of town and window shopped and walked around. So, we really made out rounds.

Stevie Wonder is tonight and Drew is jumping out of his skin he is so excited. I leave tomorrow for Atlanta and I cannot wait to see Lyd and family. I am also lunching with an old co-worker of mine that I have not seen in some time.

Love to all.

No comments: