Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's been a long time baby!

Where to begin. Been so pathetic on the communication front. We had a wonderful MLK weekend with Lizzy here. As you saw from our pictures, we had a really snowy weekend and the kids had an amazing time. We even went sledding. Mary Rowe had never seen snow before and she said it was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. It is still freezing here. It isn't 5 though! I know Chaz and Lizzy are freezing in that temp. today. Crazy stuff here. We loved Lizzy's visit. We went shopping and got me a couple of essentials. Liz, I also took in a few of my favorite clothing items to have them made to fit my new bod. One of them was that flower skirt you got me a couple of years ago. I also just got an amazing jacket and skirt yesterday at a friend's clothing show so I am on a roll. Next purchase is a bikini! Unfortunately, Lizzy convinced me to go to a tanning salon for the first time in 10 years and I am still burnt to a crisp. Aparrently tanning technology has not improved at all, only gotten more expensive. My boobs are purple! They are re-districting out neighborhoods school district and some others and it has caused quite a big to do. We come out fine in the deal, but others are very upset. I went to the School Board meeting on Tuesday night. We got there at 6:15 p.m. and did not get home until 1 am! Very emotional folks. Glad we come out good in the deal though. Our whole neighborhood went, had a petition, spoke etc. so it was interesting to witness the process and be a part of it. I was amazed at the board and how proficient they were in everything. Cannot believe it is the same group agreeing to pay students $8 an hour to study!!!!! Dill thinks that is fine, I, like Lizzy, thinks it is a joke. Oh well. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, and then to Super Tuesday. I am definately voting for Edwards. I was horrified at Obama and Hillary's behavior at the debate on Monday Night. I think they both looked like spoiled children and Edwards came out shining. Dill has been in town lately, but is about to go on a long trip to Spain, England and France. The conference in Spain is a really big deal and he is speaking everyday and on panels everyday as well. Very proud of him for that. Finally got Spencer's Christening all set. It can't be until April 27th, but better late than never! At least it is prior to his first birthday. My poor little heathon. I am doing a private ceremony in the small chapel at our church this time and am really looking forward to hit being all family and friends and not the entire congregation. We are here for a while and then heading to Chapel Hill for Easter. Trying to figure out if we are going anywhere for Spring Break. I was thinking I would take the kids to California, but it is such a production by myself. Our plan is to come for 6 weeks this summer though. Can't wait until your wedding Luc. Lizzy's dress is fabulous, and we put Mary Rowe's dress on when Liz was here and she looked like an angel. I am going to just monogram the sash, in case you have a little girl that you can give it to in the future. I am writing this at the car wash. My car is like a rolling trailer so it is a 2 hour ordeal. Excuse me for over writing, but need to pass the time! I love and miss you all.

No comments: