Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year

OK. No posts since the 20th. You guys are slacking. Happy New Year everyone. Our New Year's get more and more sober every year. I guess that is a good thing. Actually, we went to a very nice family friendly party. We left at 10 because the roads were getting bad with all the snow but we made it home for the "ball drop." Even the kids stayed up. Strange. Not much going on. Our back yard fence was blown over in the 75 mph winds we had. Insurance is covering it though so in the end but for the deductible, we should have a really nice new fence. We are also in talks with an architect to remodel the house. Not sure what we will be doing. We will definitely add the master bath but we might do much more including another room upstairs, remodeling the kitchen and building a new garage that orients toward Church. We'll see. Got a lot of thinking to do on the matter. The house is looking better with all the great art we picked up over the holiday. It is starting to look like a museum. The best thing is that all of our pieces are original. The painting I got for XMAS is just great. I love it. After our ski trip, we are now gearing up for the Caribbean. PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!! SUN!!!!!!!!! Global warming. Yeah right. You gotta be an idiot to believe that stuff. All I know is that I haven't seen this much snow in years and last I heard it was snowing in Daytona Beach. Whatever Al. My bday is coming up. Those too are getting soberer every year. We are going to a Blackhawks game with Glenn and his girlfriend. Should be fun. I like hockey games. I miss you all. Hope to see some of you before too long. With airfairs the way the are, I am not sure when that will be. Looked into tix for Lu's wedding. At this point, they want $575 for ORD to SFO. Unbelievable. Not a year ago, they were $198. Not looking forward to carting 5 people to Sweden. Ouch. Love you guys.

No comments: